How to apply
If you would like to be part of a successful and growing team at Retriever and this position suits you, please apply with:
- Your CV in any version of Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- A cover letter explaining why you are suited to this position. Applications will not be accepted without a cover letter.
Email to: email@example.com
Operations Engineer – Full time
• Teamwork and collaboration.
• Professionalism – continual learning and development.
• Strive for customer satisfaction.
• Innovation and creativity.
• Passion and enthusiasm for technology.
We have an open plan office, and everyone is friendly and approachable.
Role and Responsibilities:
• A key member of our software development team.
• Design and architect our service and our IT infrastructure.
• Automate processes to continually improve deployment and service management.
• Collaborate with team members to provide operational insight throughout the software development process.
• Implement monitoring and alerting capabilities to improve MTTD/MTTR (Mean Time To Detection/Recovery).
• Assist in troubleshooting service performance and reliability issues.
• Documentation and knowledge transfer.
The kind of person we are looking for:
• Collaborative, with excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• Excellent time management skills – can work autonomously without supervision.
• Passionate about technology.
• Able to make decisions taking into consideration business needs and risks.
• A great attitude in general.
• Australian citizen or PR currently residing in Sydney.
• Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
• 5+ years experience in a systems admin, cloud systems operations, development and/or DevOps role.
• Experience in automating infrastructure deployment and management of SaaS infrastructure.
• Experience in implementing monitoring and alerting solutions.
• Experience in cloud deployment and continuous integration, e.g. AWS, Google, Azure.
• Strong scripting skills.
• Basic knowledge and experience in securing IT systems.
• Familiarity with Git and AGILE software development process.
• Strong Linux Systems Administration experience.
• VMWare Administration experience.
• Database Administration experience (MySQL is mandatory).
• Exposure to Network Administration and fundamental TCP/IP knowledge
It’d be nice if you also have…
• Windows Administration experience, e.g. AD user management.
• Coding experience, e.g. Python, Java, Go
• Experience in Docker/Kubernetes.
• Knowledge and experience in Microservice architecture and management.
• Experience with DB2, SQL Server and Aurora.
• AWS certifications.
• User management and authentication services, e.g. SOTI, Keycloak.
• Infrastrusture automaton and configuration tools, e.g Terraform and Ansible.
• Experience with InfluxDB, Grafana, Telegraf.